Tuesday, April 21, 2009

God Provides

I say this often, because so many times it seems appropriate. Today a friend and I helped this older couple. They were riding along on their motorcycle and the clutch broke. This old gentleman was pushing the bike and amazingly enough no one came to his aid. Well we know them - so of coarse we were very eager to assist. We just had to do one thing and then swing back around to where they were.

Then I thought in the few minutes we were gone - someone would come along and have already helped them, but no = we were the only ones who could take time for this. They couldn't have possibly been threatening looking to anyone (making them afraid to stop and help) it had to be that no one had time, courage or cared.

What is this world coming to...I must ask...

But then again there was me and my friend -- who saw it as an opportunity to assist, so GOD Provides. I can't judge, not knowing them and with the way people sue and blame others now - maybe people are afraid to help others. I hope that's the case. I'm scared if it's just that we truly no longer care.

You can "not like kids" and that's cool...because you're certainly not going to be a kid again. But to not help the elderly - is just foolish -- you're going in that direction. Thank God that "God Provides"

0 comments: