Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Love is a real mystery

I've been thinking lately about love. It is very hard to define this word. For one thing I see it as action, always a challenge and even quite elusive at times.

The unconditional love (like what God has) is really unbelievable. The closest we come to this is our kids. We look into the crib and we dream, but we know we could some day have to visit a prison, or the north pole, or an African Village for this person, depending on whether they become a missionery, or explorer or even a criminal. But we love them, and that's about as close as we ever get to unconditional. I don't think we really get any closer with friends, parents, or even spouses. We think we can get closer, but in reality I don't think we do. Maybe I'm a negative person, who's not trying hard enough. Perhaps I'm a bit jaded, because I've not felt loved unconditionally.

Actually at this point in my life, my husband has shown me the most love. Kids don't (yet) friends do at times but yeh, the best friend I have is the person I married.

I'm glad I'm the other half. Even though I know it's really two whole people who make a great marriage. It's fun to think that someone completes me. They have some things I admire and they compliment me. That's very rewarding. That's love to me.

It's not at all complicated then. So if you've looked everywhere and looked for a long time, either on E-harmony or next to you in your house. Don't even look at all, just take it in. God is wispering in your ear. "I have given you everything"

"I will never stop giving you what you need" "Surely I would not hold love back from you" "Do not listen to the evil one" "He is the Father of lies"


"I am the Father of Man - I am Love and I cannot be anything else..."

0 comments: