Saturday, November 28, 2009

Be One !



I have seen this trivet on my stove a hundred times, but I never really SAW it till today. It tells us "to be a friend", and when I look again - it actually has holly and holly berries. This never meant much to me. But I pray allot and I ask God to tell me things I need to know. I think he showed me this afternoon that this trivet has something to do with Christmas.

My best friend seems to have trials that reveal themselves around the holidays and I fancy myself as the person who can cheer her up. But as my friend shared today and I added words to (hopefully) make her feel better, I realized that she just needs a listener. A friend. To have a friend - I need to be one, especially when my friend is tired. I need to carry her, I need say - "You have a right to those feelings". I need to remember that she is the one who says "Who is the Master"? In an effort to cheer her - I see that she is the one who reminds me of the love Jesus has for us.

It's such a priviledge to have her as a part of my life, because she is the culmination of experiences - high and low- that have made her a true follower of Christ. I admire this quality. It is very priceless.

We are who we are because of times of sadness, of difficulty and just complete adversity. No one would ask for this. It is the exact opposite of what we would want for ourselves or our friends. It's a new thing to seek God in hardship. It's not new to those who have God. They already realized who carries us.

They already know the True friend, that's why they can be one.

1 comments:

Jane said...

Beautiful Jackie...thank you so much