Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Glory Garden








In an effort to lure humming birds to my house, I grow huge morning glory flowers. It is fun to see how much they grow while I'm asleep. They twine around things and try to reach the sky.

We have a corkscrew willow that didn't get leaves but morning glory flowers have given it a nice coat of leaves.

Bees and butterflys go in and out of these trumpets and I am just thrilled at all the activity...

I just weeded today, because I do know that the wild and crazy gardens I grow are not as popular to other people as they are to me...

Sometimes the weeds can be distracting, and taking them out disturbs things for a while. They even try to flower like the other plants, but in the end they have to go!

That's the Glory Garden...

1 comments:

Jane said...

Nice pics Jackie...those leaves are ginormous!!