Friday, February 27, 2009

Things to Accept



I remember this picture, always, when I think of what I have to accept. I have to accept that my brother has cancer. I have to accept that I am getting older. I have to accept that relationships in my family have changed to the point that they are not what they once were.

When I remember this picture I see what God accepts from his people and how he moves on to make the absolute best of it. He's always the example to me. Jesus always sets the standard. I fall very short, and only aspire to what he wants, but he can read the heart and see that I tried.

One thing so easy to accept is his grace and yet so many walk by it. Can they not see his hand extended? I have to accept the fact (also) ONLY THEY can reach for the hand of Christ. It's just a thing to accept. I'm going to pray that they accept grace. He'll keep offering it, I know he will...

1 comments:

Jane said...

Jackie,
What wonderful writing...you have so much wisdom and so much to share...I love you!
Jane