Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Do something Different - Creativity


I have often wondered why I thought the way I think. I see something and imediately I question, in my mind "why it is that way". I don't just accept it the way it is. I think every necklace can be made better, each outfit could match something else I own, each room could have different (better) curtains, plants or decorations.

My dad always said that my mind was constantly working. I would sit in the grass, with monarch butterflys landing on my shoulders and find four leaf clovers. I could not even understand why other people did not notice the extra leaf.

Firstly, I would say, I look for the clovers. I turn over the rock to see the bugs under it. Something in my spirit makes me so curious, that I am compelled to question things.

The point I am trying to make is that God's Holy Spirit makes us restless. The Spirit challenges us. We are called to go forward and we move in that direction because we want things to be better. We want to make a difference.

We could fail, but we still have to try. And we learn from the failure. We stretch and we we become stronger, because we were unsettled.

One of my friends asks "what is God inviting you to?" Really the answer is, that he loves you so much, that he wants you to take a chance. When you take that chance, the possiblility that you'll make things better is right there.

0 comments: